Points: The Blog of the Alcohol and Drugs History Society, seeks a new managing editor for a two-year term beginning January 2013. This person will join Eoin Cannon of the Committee on Degrees in History and Literature at Harvard University at the blog’s helm; the co-managing editors, in collaboration with the glowing roster of Contributing Editors, will engage in the long term and day-to-day labor that will carry Points into its third and fourth years. For complete information, go here.
- We interview @kfrydl on her #newbook The #DrugWars in America, on how #prohibition helps the state manage its power pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/the…pointed out 1 day ago
- Hear from the @umich PhD-ers who campaigned to make @AlcoholicsAnony founder Dr. Bob's house a #historical landmark: pointsadhsblog.wordpress.compointed out 3 days ago
- Alexine Fleck's insightful look at a new #CASA study on #addiction asks "Whose experience counts as authoritative?" pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/983…pointed out 3 days ago
- #MadMen shot probably "miracle tissue regenerator:" amphetamines, vitamins, painkillers & human placenta bit.ly/AfjNrS +1 @justkarlpointed out 5 days ago
- So, with exactly what "energy #drug" did that doctor inject the guys on #MadMen? Bonus points if you back it up w historical evidence!pointed out 5 days ago
TagsAddiction ADHS Africa Alcohol Alcoholics Anonymous Alcoholism Asia biography Cocaine culture Culture Industry Disease Concept Drugs drug war Europe gender History interdisciplinarity intoxication Latin America law Literature Marijuana medicine meta methamphetamine moral panic Opiates opium pain management Points Blog Policy Politics Popular Culture Prescription drugs Prohibition psychedelics Recovery research Teaching Temperance tobacco Traffic Transnational Treatment