Points: The Blog of the Alcohol and Drugs History Society, seeks a new managing editor for a two-year term beginning January 2013. This person will join Eoin Cannon of the Committee on Degrees in History and Literature at Harvard University at the blog’s helm; the co-managing editors, in collaboration with the glowing roster of Contributing Editors, will engage in the long term and day-to-day labor that will carry Points into its third and fourth years. For complete information, go here.
- Get yr @drughistory fix w Mike Powers' investigation of #designerdrugs, #legalhighs, #psychedelics & the #Internet medium.com/matter/19f753f…pointed out 3 days ago
- A @PacificStand review of Lance Dodes' #newbook questions #AA's efficacy. @Harvard @GabrielleGlaser psmag.com/navigation/boo…pointed out 3 weeks ago
- Congrats to @eleanorofithaca on Ten Thousand Saints' movie adaptation! m.facebook.com/eleanorhenders…pointed out 2 months ago
- So happy to see 2013 Points Interviewee @GabrielleGlaser ( tinyurl.com/kurjx7d) op-editorialize for the @nytimes! mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/02/opi…pointed out 2 months ago
- Claire Clark on baby #boomers' drug use and #NSDUH study results. pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/mon…pointed out 2 months ago
- Addiction ADHS Advertising Africa Alcohol Alcoholics Anonymous Alcoholism American West Archives Asia barbiturates biography call for papers Cocaine Conferences crack culture Culture Industry Disease Concept Drugs drug war Europe federal government Friday Reads gender heroin Historiography History interdisciplinarity intoxication Jellinek Latin America law legalization Literature Marijuana medicine memoir meta methadone methamphetamine moral panic morphine Opiates opium oral history pain management patent medicines Pharmaceutical Industry Pharmaceuticals Points Blog Policy Politics Popular Culture pragmatism Prescription drugs Prohibition psychedelics Public Health punishment Quaalude Race Recovery research Sports stigma Teaching Temperance tobacco Traffic Transnational Treatment urban history violence War on Drugs