We’ve been noting for a while now the upcoming conference, Pub, Street and Medicine Cabinet, otherwise known as the 6th International Conference on the History of Alcohol and Drugs. It begins one week from today (the evening of Thursday, June 23) at the University of Buffalo (SUNY). If you’re within easy range of Buffalo, you might consider attending the meeting–with roughly forty panels spread out over several days, you’ll be hearing some of the best in historical work on drugs and alcohol. If you’re not within easy range of Buffalo, then stay tuned to the Points blog. You’ll get a glimpse of the newest work in the field from our crack (no pun intended) team of bloggers posting reports from various meeting panels, representing a fair cross-section of the conference activity. So join us in Buffalo, or follow along at home!
- Get yr @drughistory fix w Mike Powers' investigation of #designerdrugs, #legalhighs, #psychedelics & the #Internet medium.com/matter/19f753f…pointed out 2 days ago
- A @PacificStand review of Lance Dodes' #newbook questions #AA's efficacy. @Harvard @GabrielleGlaser psmag.com/navigation/boo…pointed out 2 weeks ago
- Congrats to @eleanorofithaca on Ten Thousand Saints' movie adaptation! m.facebook.com/eleanorhenders…pointed out 2 months ago
- So happy to see 2013 Points Interviewee @GabrielleGlaser ( tinyurl.com/kurjx7d) op-editorialize for the @nytimes! mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/02/opi…pointed out 2 months ago
- Claire Clark on baby #boomers' drug use and #NSDUH study results. pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/mon…pointed out 2 months ago
- Addiction ADHS Advertising Africa Alcohol Alcoholics Anonymous Alcoholism American West Archives Asia barbiturates biography call for papers Cocaine Conferences crack culture Culture Industry Disease Concept Drugs drug war Europe federal government Friday Reads gender heroin Historiography History interdisciplinarity intoxication Jellinek Latin America law legalization Literature Marijuana medicine memoir meta methadone methamphetamine moral panic morphine Opiates opium oral history pain management patent medicines Pharmaceutical Industry Pharmaceuticals Points Blog Policy Politics Popular Culture pragmatism Prescription drugs Prohibition psychedelics Public Health punishment Quaalude Race Recovery research Sports stigma Teaching Temperance tobacco Traffic Transnational Treatment urban history violence War on Drugs